7/11/10

Reunion

The days of our lives...not my original phrase...lol...live in our memories
High school friends are still seventeen in our mind's eye
the torn down school still exists though a hospital is there now.
Time flies...Tempus Fugit
___________________________________________________

Remember Me?

I know you
Just cannot put a name to your face
Do you know me?
I am the girl with the happy heart
Who likes to joke around
Who hates Latin
Who loves poetry
Who has dreams for the future
Who I will be one day.

I know you all
You are the math whiz
You are the one who shared your candy bar
You are the one who is a cheerleader
You are the one who was the nun’s pet
You are the one who was pregnant when we graduated
You are the one was going to be a nun
You are all the ones who were my friends…
Who are my friends.

Let’s go to the sock hop
Let’s get a group together for that movie
Let’s drive down to the beach and ride the waves
Let’s just have fun.

I remember you, but what is your name?
What have you been doing for fifty years?
Did you find your soul mate?
Did you have beautiful, successful children?
How is it now that you have grandchildren?
Did your life turn out like it was to be in your dreams?

Carol and Claire
Nancy and Joannie
Maurie and Barbara
Kathy and Joyce
Colleen and Roseann
And me, Corinne

Who are these women with graying hair
These old women I no longer can place
Names and familiar faces
All known but unknown

A stroll down Memory Lane
Times gone by that live in my recollections
Can we go back…I think not
But we can gather and remember

REUNION

©Corinne Mustafa
2/9/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of how important my "girlfriend time" is to me. Our dear friends are where we can find comfort and honestly from. It is where we can be ourselves and still be unconditionally loved!
Patty B.

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You've done an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
I'm sure they will be benefited from this site.

my blog post: their web site