9/8/11

GOD


More Than A Friend

I am your friend
on a beautiful journey
our friendship like a small vessel
carries us over the waves of our caring
our many roles to each other
reverse as the tides
kindred as
sibling - teacher - helper - parent - friend
but we know we are so very much more
precious pilgrimage of our hearts





Meeting A Friend

Days and weeks and years have passed
And you have become so dear
I wait and wait till we can meet
We do and I’m filled with cheer.

We laugh and play like little children
And do what we desire
It’s so much fun to be with you
That is something I require.

But best of all is what I see
And feel whenever you’re around
Is how blessed I am to have a friend
In whom I see godliness abound

And I know that God has given me
A friend as great as you
To have and love and be free with
A gift of God so true.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ultimate Friend

Thinking of what friendship is
What I hold to my heart
Qualities that I look for

Truthfulness,
Caring
Dependability
Help
Patience
Steadfastness
Sweetness
Humor
Affability
Goodness
Love
Just
Compassionate
Faithful

Many on the list
are found in my dearest friends

Truthfulness
to say what I need to hear

Caring
enough to do just that

Dependable
knowing I can call them any time

Help
when ever I am needing it

Patience
with my many flaws

Steadfastness
to beliefs of right and wrong

Sweetness
that touches my heart with joy

Humor
which I can count on for a giggle

Affability
that shows me I am a friend

Goodness
seen in how they treat me and others

Love
of others seen in their good works

Just
and fair in thought and word and deed

Compassionate
enough to help those in need

and

Faithfulness
even when I don’t deserve it

I can think of so many friends
Who possess so many of these qualities
I have been blessed in those who I can call
My friend.

But the very best Friend of all
The One who is never far from me
Possesses all of these and more

Omnipresent
Omnipotent
Eternal
Breath of life
Lover of my soul
Keeper of my heart
Protector of my life
Spring of living water
Endless peace of mind
My point of light

Abbah, Father, Daddy
Perfect, ultimate Friend forever.
My God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friend for Life

Faithful to my every need
Righteous and dependable
Inability to ever cause me harm
Eternal so I never am alone
Naturally for me not against
Dependable beyond my greatest need

GOD

©Corinne H. Mustafa



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: