12/31/12

New Year Thoughts and Prayer

December 31 - Daily Feast


We move now toward a new year. It gives reason to think who we are and what we are about. Do we reach eagerly toward the future or does it frighten us with its weapons and voices and anger? Think long and hard about this, for it reveals your state of existence. A person cannot go on thinking "someday" and change anything. But to say that this day is the day to make changes and to bring one's own personal spirit into alignment, that is an accomplishment. Some feel they are not good enough to be any different. But what they don't realize is that making the effort to change makes them good enough. A person can't get there until he takes an action.

~ Some of our people have gone from here in order that they may have a change. ~
              SPOTTED TAIL - SIOUX

January 1 - Daily Feast

JANUARY




ONE



So-Qua



COLD MONTH



Unu la at nee'



The Cherokee people stand upon new ground. Let us hope the clouds which overspread the land will be dispersed, and that we shall prosper as we have never done before.



CHIEF JOHN ROSS - OCTOBER 9, 1861



January 1 - Daily Feast



If, like a Cherokee warrior, I can look at the new year as an opportunity to stand on new ground, then strength and courage are on my side. If I have waited a long time for everything to be perfect - and there have been moments, brief as they were, that filled my expectations - then I can face the challenges. I will remember that things do work out, bodies do heal, relationships mend - not because I said it, but because I believe it. But it is time to make things right, to stay on the path. As water runs fresh and free from the woodland spring, so new life and meaning will bubble up from my own inner source. I will be still and steady, because there is nothing to be gained by showing fear in a chaotic world. I can turn from ignorance and prejudice toward a light that never goes out.

~ The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do. ~
SEQUICHIE COMINGDEER

Quoted from...
'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Heavenly Father,
I come to you on the eve of 2013 filled with hope that this year will be special. Help me to reach toward the future with confidence and not with fear. Help me to know that "someday" has come...it is now. I long for the changes that You can lead me toward with an adjustment in my thinking. I ask you to lead me towards choices and actions that will help me achieve that to which you are drawing me. Thank you, Lord of the Angel Armies.
Amem.

No comments: