7/28/14

Good Morning...7/29/14

Good Morning everyone...

I am starting a new way of getting the links out to you. I will write my greeting on my personal page in Women's Focus Ministries and then put the links right here in the blog. This will make it possible to post a picture of what I am talking about in my daily blog. You can read this just as you did my email and then click on the links given to read the posts

Today I went to the Memorial Service of Patty Rose, a friend who lived in Livermore. She died from complications of an asthma attack on July 11 at the age of 65. Patty was on fire for the Lord, and was a powerhouse. Everyone she met felt the touch of her caring and encouragement. She viewed her walk as a succession of assignments she received from God. She was involved in Aglow Prison Ministries and worked in jails including San Quentin with both men and women. She also ran a monthly service called The Place where former prisoners and people who had made major changes in their lives would come and give their testimonies. The list of her talents goes on and on. 

One person at the memorial said that Patty was who she wanted to be like when she grew up. I also had that thought as I processed her passing. Today as I listened to the memorial comments I had an aha moment. I realized that I do not have the attributes that made Patty who she was. I also realized that we all have different gifts from God that we need to be wiling to share with His people. We do not need to wish to "be someone else when we grow up"...we need to ask the Holy Spirit to guide us in how to use our own abilities for the kingdom of God. 

There are two new posts in WFM for Tuesday. Please copy and paste the links into your browser.

The devotional is written by Storm Hendrickson.
Here is the link...
http://paintgodintoyourday.blogspot.com/2014/07/reach-for-goaltuesday.html 

The other post is on the Writing Staff page and is written by Cathy Friberg.
Here is the link..
http://fromourwritingteam.blogspot.com/2014/07/new-revelations.html  

Love and God bless
Corinne

No comments: