11/14/10

Earthly Friends and Divine FRIEND

More Than A Friend

I am your friend
on a beautiful journey

our friendship like a small vessel

carries us over the waves of our caring

our many roles to each other

reverse as the tides


kindred as
sibling - teacher - helper - parent - friend

but we know we are so very much more
precious pilgrimage of our hearts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meeting A Friend

Days and weeks and years have passed

And you have become so dear
I wait and wait till we can meet
We do and I’m filled with cheer.

We laugh and play like little girls

And do what we desire
It’s so much fun to be with you
That is something I require.

But best of all is what I see

And feel whenever you’re around

Is how blessed I am to have a friend

In whom I see godliness abound

And I know that God has given me

A friend as great as you

To have and love and be free with

A gift of God so true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The Ultimate Friend

                                                        
 Thinking of what friendship isWhat I hold to my heart
Qualities that I look for

Truthfulness,
Caring,

Dependability,

Help,

Patience,

Steadfastness,

Sweetness,

Humor,

Affability,

Goodness,

Love,

Just,

Compassionate,

Faithful.

Many on the list

are found in my dearest friends

Truthfulness

to say what I need to hear

Caring

enough to do just that

Dependable

knowing I can call them any time

Help

when ever I am needing it

Patience

with my many flaws

Steadfastness

to beliefs of right and wrong
Sweetness

that touches my heart with joy

Humor

which I can count on for a giggle

Affability

that shows me I am a friend

Goodness

seen in how they treat me and others

Love

of others seen in their good works

Just
and fair in thought and word and deed

Compassionate

enough to help those in need

and

Faithfulness

even when I don’t deserve it

I can think of so many friends

Who possess so many of these qualities

I have been blessed in those who I can call

My friend.

But the very best Friend of all

The One who is never far from me

Possesses all of these and more

Omnipresent

Omnipotent

Eternal

Breath of life
Lover of my soul
Keeper of my heart

Protector of my life

Spring of living water

Endless peace of mind

My point of light
Abbah, Father, Daddy
Perfect, ultimate Friend forever.

My God!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friend for Life

Faithful to my every need
Righteous and dependable
Inability to ever cause me harm

Eternal so I never am alone
Naturally for me not against
Dependable beyond my greatest need


GOD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
©Corinne H. Mustafa

~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments: