3/20/11

TEMPUS FUGIT

Conversation for March 21, 2011

TEMPUSFUGIT
.........................................................................

Tempus fugit or so they say
Seasons and years flying away
Hard to keep up.

Three days ago kids played in snow
Crispy days of winter hearts aglow
Cold blue skies above.

Lovely cascading flakes and swirling wind
Watching from my window cozy within
My appreciation rising.

Day before yesterday we started to spy
Green buds and flowers, heard birds cry
From up on high.

Spring with all its beauty increasing
Resplendent growth seems to be unseasing.
My spirits rising.

Yesterday the fields were filled growth
Summer suns and gentle rain both
Gifting plants from the heavens.

Now arrive the rainbow colors of fall
Harvest signaling nature's curtain call
Wind spirals leaves skyward.

Today I relish all the loviness I see
There's beauty in the windblown leaves debris
Autumn's close advancing.

So you can see that time flies
And for us there is no reprise
Season following season
Year following year
As time melts away

New time solidifies and starts to melt again
Trapped in its annual, inevitable chain
It flies leading onward.

Onward taking me closer and closer
To my real home in the wonders of eternity
To my indescribable Father
Who waits for me.

WRITTEN BY
 CORINNE MUSTAFA

No comments: