1/24/12

Dealing with the Big C...Part Two

(Written on 1/19 after I got home from the hospital, and the news was less than perfect)


Today I lost control. I had a hystereectomy on 1/18 which was supposed to cure me. I had been told by the ob/gyn that most uterine cancers were cured by this surgery. She said that if one has to have cancer that this would be the one to hope for. So this is the whole story of what happened in the last two days. I am home now.

Surgery went well, and by late afternoon I was back in my room. I have had very little pain which is a blessing. I was giving thanks for all the people who have been so caring and who prayed for me. It had meant so much to me.

However, now there is more for me to deal with. While I am doing okay as far as the surgery, I had known that they would be looking at margins within the uterus (if too thin a margin I would be requiring radiation) They also were removing a couple of nearby lymph nodes. If cancer was in them they would be doing chemotherapy. The doctors who did the surgery KNOW that there is cancer in the lymph nodes, and this is automatically a "sentence" that I must have chemo. They will be doing a biopsy on the lymph nodes and the reproducrive organs that they removed. However, even if it the cancer in them is minimal. chemo is indicated. And the horror is that it could have spread to other areas. This will require a Pet Scan when the surgery has healed. So, in a couple of weeks, I will be headed for six, four hour chemo treatements with twenty one days between each one.

This is big. But I know that God is a big God who has a plan for my life. At the moment it is hard to be chipper. However, in the beginning I prayed to Him that whatever the outcome I would be accepting, At the moment it is hard to be happy about it, but still I am filled with joy that I have Him and know He has my life in His hands. Now I need to pick up my life and move on as much as I can. I need to stop feeling helpless and that I have lost control.

After all in the end do I not believe that God is in control"
Please keep me in your prayers.

The ribbon for uterine cancer is TEAL. Did you know that there is a different color ribbon for every type of cancer? For me TEAL is the new PINK.

2 comments:

Moa's Art said...

Dearest Corinne, that is not the news I was praying for, but you are right--God IS in control. I will not stop praying for you, as you enter this period of chemo and (?)radiation. Nothing is too difficult for our Heavenly Father, and He most certainly holds you in His capable hands at this moment.
I love you my friend, and cherish each and every moment I have had your presence in my life. You have encouraged and inspired me in so many ways and you continue to inspire me with your faith now.
Stay strong, and know your sisters everywhere are bringing you before our Father and asking for His grace and healing touch in your life.
Big hugs, Rebecca

Women's Focus Ministries said...

Thank you Rebecca...your words are amazing to me, and I will hold them in my heart. I have always admired you and think you are amazing.Thank you so much...x0x0x