1/26/12

TODAY MY DAUGHTER CRIED

She had cried when I told her on November that I had been diagnosed as having uterine cancer. We were in the car in Minnesota on a pre-Christmas shopping trip. I told her and looked over to see her tear filled eyes lit by the dashboard lights. I tried to reassure her that I would be alright. However, I was not so sure of it as I sounded. I was in shock dealing with such information. It was a new area for me. I had only talked to my doctor on the phone a few hours earlier. My previous thought was that cancer was not something that happened to me. It only happened to other people. Now it was something that had happened to me.

I have been on a roller coaster of ups and downs since I was diagnosed with uterine cancer at the end of November. The waiting and not knowing when or how was harder even than the diagnosis. Even before I knew I told God that I would willing accept whatever he had for my life.

There have been incredible blessings even during this time. People wrote to me and reached out to me with the most incredible words and blessings. I knew I had many caring friends, but the degree of loving was something I was not aware of. In addition, I have gained some awesome understandings. I do not even know how many people were praying for me here and all over the world. My surgery was on Jan.18 performed by an ob/gyn surgeon who is also an oncologist. After the surgery this doctor, based on her experience, said she was 90% positive that the cancer had spread to the lymph nodes. I took that as reality and tried to prepare myself for what was to follow...chemotherapy.

I still had faith that it would be overcome with further treatment. God had better in store. The surgeon called me today...two days later than expected. She said that the pathology report had come back that there was no cancer anywhere but in the uterus. I was clear. She said that she was two days late calling because she had asked the pathologist to do a second biopsy. That came back with the same results. The surgery had removed all the cancer. She repeated that she could not understand it.

I understand it. Thanks to all the intersesory prayers on my behalf and the loving favor of God who agreed with them, I have had a miracle. I am thanking God and asking Him to show me how he would like to use me in the future. I am blessed. All I had to do is resume my life and call my family and friends with my news, and resume my life in an improved way.

I called my daughter, and she started to cry. She said, “You know I can hardly talk now.” She was crying tears of joy for me…and for herself. So my daughters tears were at the beginning and at the end of this God filled ordeal that I have gone through. I feel that I am a better person because of it.

Corinne Mustafa, 1/26/12

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corinne, this is awesome news! Oh thank God for his healing and for the professionals that knew where to go and get that out of you.

lots of love,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

This is perfectly said Corinne! Ah, your sweet daughter can breath now! I can hardly type cuz I cannot see the screen! God is so good and I thank Him so much for this amazing news!! I love you Corinne and am so happy to hear this! Still, if you need anything, shopping, help around the house, please call me. What a wonderful testimony showing exactly what God is truly capable of! YAY!!! Mwaaaaaaaah!!

Judi Lane said...

I am so happy for you Corinne, You have been in my prayers. Praise God, he is so good. As I read about your ordeal, I remembered what my mother had gone through so many years ago, and the terror I had had as a child. She had the same cancer. We as a family, experienced the same miraculous miracle as you have. When I read your words, i sobbed like a baby, It all came back so vividely.The joy we felt when she was cancer free. I am beyond happy for you, And so very thankful that we can count on our God. What a wonderful testimony. Love and prayers, Judi

Pat said...

Congratulations on this wonderful news, Corinne! May God bless you & keep you for very many years to some. Enjoy your beautiful new life.........

Anonymous said...

I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet viewers, its really
really good piece of writing on building up new blog.


Have a look at my webpage; cash advance louisville ky