8/15/10

Bless Someone With Your Affirmation

August 16, 2010
Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Luke 6:31

I received an email from my friend, Beverley, the other day.  I want to share it here not to blow my own horn, but rather to share the impact on me of reading words like this.

Here is what she wrote....


"I know I've said it before, but you are one of the BEST people I've ever worked with, Corinne. You're ability and desire to encourage me personally in my gift has and continues to mean SO much. You are a leader, and your involvement with those that you have called to participate with you has been an experience for me that has been quite rare. I feel as if you truly care about ME and that you will do your very best in helping, encouraging, uplifting, etc... to see me attain all that I can in reaching my desired place with what God has given me. Sorry for rambling, your "care" has just been a true blessing to me. I pray that you are blessed! !!!             Love Beverley"

Just like every other person in the world I am painfully aware of my own "underbelly" and often think of my shortcomings. So to receive this from her blessed me more than anyone can know. I read it in the morning and the words popped into my mind several times as the day went by. I think God blessed me with another thought at one point. I was thinking about my friend is to me and who I see her to be...which is a person who hears and has insights from God all the time. It popped into my mind that God must have wanted me to hear this in a concrete way and that email was His way of telling me. How cool is that??!!! I wanted Beverley to know that I feel blessed by her as well. She is an extremely talented writer whose insights provide a paradigm when she writes that open a whole world of thought to anyone who reads what she writes. I have always tried to help her see how amazing she is. It is what I believe, and she is very special to me.


It is important to others to hear your thoughs about them. Oftentimes they just do whatever they do without realizing the its impact. It is just something that they do. It is when they receive a word like the one I received from Beverley that they get a glimpse of what just being themselves can do for another person


I was blessed by reading this from Beverley who is someone I admire and truely care about.  I know her to be someone who is sensitive to what God is showing her.  Because of this I knew that God wanted me to hear what I heard.


If you know someone who has made a difference in your life let her know. You may be doing what God wants you to do so that your friend receives an understanding from Him. What a wonderful thing to be doing God's work. I pray that you bless your friend. I pray that you are also blessed. Thank you, Beverley!


Corinne Mustafa

4 comments:

Patty B. said...

I want to thank all the women who write for the Women's Focus Ministries. Their continued efforts to encourage other women and bless us with their work is inspiring!

Women's Focus Ministries said...

I hope I am not seeming needy, but this concept is so important. Everyone likes to know that what they are doing is being noticed. Patty,I want to recognize you for your work on Women's Focus Ministries, your openness and your leadership.

Blessings

Patty B. said...

God made us to be in relationships and not to be an island alone. We all need others to live - otherwise we slowly die inside.

Women's Focus Ministries said...

This is so true, Patty. I receive so many blessings from people that I have a relationship with. I thank God for all of them.