8/10/10

God’s Makeup Box

My child, as you gaze into the mirror what do you see? Do you see the wonderful person I made or do you see something else? In the morning you apply makeup to cover up the imperfections that you see or enhance features that you like and you become something less than what you could be. I am not speaking of makeup for the outward physical body but of makeup applied to the essence of you, in the inside, deep in you’re your spirit.

It is difficult not to put on the hurts, disappointments, loss, failures, low self esteem, even troubles that you have worn so long that they have become your make-up.

My child, I love you so, and I would like to show you a better way. Here take this alabaster box. It is God’s makeup box. See how it is translucent and it shines as you look upon it. There are no secrets here. Open it and see my makeup.

See there is the potter’s clay. You know I made you. I made you perfect in my sight. I love what I made. In fact I had the blueprints of you long before you were conceived. Sometimes you forget who you are and I would like to remind you that you are my child and I will always love you. There is nothing you can do that will make me love you less.

In my makeup box is a candy heart. Taste and see that I am good and my mercies endure forever. I abide in you. Remember to call on me and I will open up a spirit of revelation and wisdom to you.
I see a artist brush. Each day I paint a new picture of my love for you and It tells of my walk with you each day. I take particular pleasure in each stroke, and variations of color and hue. The shadows cast such depth, I am indeed lost in the beauty of it.

There are eye drops here made from my tears. I feel every heartache and weep with you in your sorrows. But see beyond sadness. May your sight be quickened into the ways I have for you and to see others as I see them.

There is a small cap here. You could call it a thinking cap. I smile when I think of it. Place it on your head to have the mind of the Father, that you can know what is my will for you in your life and for others. I pleasure and delight over this for you.

In my makeup box are many gifts for you. Take time apart with me and we will open them together. Mysteries and lessons I will teach.

Your makeup has been by God designed. You are perfect and well loved. Think on these things.

Written by Susan Bower
8/7/2010

1 comment:

Patty B. said...

What a beautiful writing! Isn't it wonderful to know God loves us just as we are!